Thursday, January 29, 2009

maybe I should get out more.....



So lately I've kept track of where I spend my time and here are the results. I usually get a good nights sleep, usually 50-60 hours a week. I spend 14.5 hours a week in class....well that's not so bad. walking back and forth to classes takes approximately 3.75 hours per week. Good quality fresh air time. Now here is were it gets a little disturbing: in a normal week I spend a minimum of 33 hours sitting at this desk doing homework. That's 1/5 of my life here. And this isn't even considering the 8-15 hours a week I spend at this desk just surfing the internet. So if the purpose of this blog is to share our lives with you then this is it. Pretty exciting huh? And no its not usually this clean. It got so bad I couldn't see through the scratch paper to my homework so I just finished cleaning it and thought I would share my life with you. Most everything an engineering student could ever need is within reach of this desk. Got some light reading material, various calculating and measuring devises, 3 CAD programs, degrees that cost more than a new car, calender to remind you what day it actually is in case you forgot to sleep last night, internet for wasting time, window to remind me that the world hasn't ended yet so I have to keep working, cell phone to confirm there are other people out there, lamp for when the sun gets tired but work never dies. Up until a few hours ago there was various dishes that used to be full of food, there is even a bathroom within 20 feet for when you absolutely cant work any more. The list goes on and on. This desk has everything you'd ever need for school except for an easy button. Well its almost midnight and I don't think I should keep writing just to avoid the inevitable homework so in the words of Jacob: adieu. By the way, has anyone else noticed that floating piece of used chewing gum at the top of this blog? What is that thing? Is it a blob or something I found under this desk? Whatever you do don't tickle it. Definitely not what I expected out of used gum. Seriously, am I missing something?

3 comments:

Brook and Kyle said...

Oh my poor hunny. In one week you spend almost as much time at your desk as I do at work. Your desk does look nice and so does the BABY at the top of the screen. It is not used gum!!! Love ya and miss ya!

Dan Hermann said...

MMM gum

*nom nom nom nom nom* Tastes like ravenous tiger tails :P

Keri said...

ummmm...where is the baby update?!!!