Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How I Met the Chief of Police

So crazy came to visit yesterday morning....along with the entire police force. At approximately 3 in the morning someone started banging on the door. living on campus this is not too uncommon so I just tried to sleep through it. after a while the just wouldn't go away. So I got up and looked out the window and saw some guy that looked pretty freaked out. When I opened the door he ran past me and tried to run up stairs but tripped and fell and just stayed there. He started to sware up a storm and tell me all about how someone put a gun to his head. He reeked of alcohol and I asked him how much he had that night and he said too much. Then I saw headlights shining in our window so I looked outside and saw a cop car turning around. Meanwhile, mister crazy pasted out on the futon. I told Brook to go upstairs and call the cops. Sure enough, the police knew exactly who we were talking about. Within seconds the cop came running through the front door and tackled him on the floor. He tried telling the cops this was his house and my name was Jake. I said otherwise. By now the chief of police and four cop cars worth of police were at my house. They told me that this was the second house that night he had done this to. In the end it was decided that because the police did not see him enter our house and I didn't make him leave that either they had to let him go on our front lawn or we had to put him under citizens arrest and let him spend the night in jail. He got to spend a night in jail. Later that morning I was again woken by the sound of knocking on the door. Luckily this time it was my buddy Nathan that I was supposed to help move in that day. Sorry, no pictures of mister crazy. Ill try to remember to take the camera downstairs with me next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know who your neighbors are but you might be getting a little to personal there.

Keri said...

WOW that is a crazy story! I guess if someone ever bangs on our door in the middle of the night we will avoid opening it!

Anonymous said...

Well I have to say this is a better way to meet the Chief of police than the way I met the Chief when I was your age ha ha.