Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years

So a lot has happened in the last year and I wanted to take a few moments to remember all of the wonderful things that have happened and reflect on all that Kyle and I have been blessed with.

This time last year we were living in my dad's basement studying hard for school. Speaking of school, I graduated in June. Kyle graduated as well and then enrolled in University of Idaho.

For Valentines day I made a romantic candlelit dinner and Kyle decorated the basement by covering the walls with dozens of handmade hearts that each had a special note written on them.

On our two year anniversary, Kyle and I went to Portland. We went to the zoo and a Korn laser light show at Omsi. We also watched a performance by Cirque Du Soliel called Corteo. We sat in the second row and were able to interact quite a bit with the preformers. We even got to throw a midget in the air. She was tied to a hot air balloon and the clown threw her in the audience where we took turns passing her back and forth.

Over the next couple months I continued to study, write papers and do clinicals. I graduated on June 8th. Kyle moved to Moscow, Id on June 14th while I was studying for my nursing boards in Vancouver, Wa. Kyle Started working with the forest service in Potlatch, Id the Monday after he got to town. I stayed in Walla Walla for a coupe more weeks where I worked on cleaning, packing the last of our stuff and studying.

I was a nurse at Camp Wooten during the last week of June where I enjoyed spending time outside and playing with all of the kids. I moved to Moscow immediately following my week of no sleep at camp.

I took my nursing boards, and passed them on July 9th. Then I started working at the hospital in Lewiston the following week in the pediatric department.

During this entire time Kyle was working 10 hour days packing a chainsaw between 5-10 miles every day. While working he got to see some moose, porcupines, and heard a lot of wolves. His job was dangerous sometimes. He once had to jump off a cliff to keep from having a tree fall on him.

Tyrel and Mandy came to visit us for a week which was a lot of fun. We spent a day in Couer d'Alene and Spokane. We went bowling, played the Wii and spent time with Mike and Keri.

Kyle started school in August. His classes were pretty challanging and kept him very stressed out and busy, but he made it through with all A's and B's.

Wicket was hit by a car in July and was never fully able to recover so unfortunately we had to put him to sleep. When Wicket left our family, we had 2 new cats added to our family, Shish and Kabob.

The weekend before thanksgiving Kyle went with his parents to Rexburg, Id to visit Tyrel, Mandy, and Ivan. He had a blast down there. Then we went to Walla Walla where we visited with family and Kyle made a robot for his classes.

We got our first snow of the year in December and when we went home for Christmas we got to see a lot more snow. We had a wonderful Christmas together.

And that all brings us to New Years. Kyle and I spent new years eve watching movies and playing our Wii that we got for Christmas. We played Mario party and made a bet that the loser had to run outside barefoot in the snow and ice to check th mail. Kyle lost so I got to stand at the door and laugh as he ran to the mailbox and then when he got there realized that we had recieved a package and that he had to open another mailbox to get our mail.

I am so greatful for how much fun we have been able to have and how blessed we have been to be healthy, safe and to do so well in all that we have worked toward. I hope that 2009 will be as great as 2008 was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your recap of the year! Picutres are great. Love you guys lots.