Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Work Work Work...

Well, I thought I would update you all on how work has been going.

As you know, I work 12 hr days. This has been really nice because it means that I get long weekends sometimes. For example two weeks ago I had a 5 day weekend and next week I have a 6 day weekend. It is nice to have so many days off to relax, do chores, and have fun.

As you also know, I am supposed to be working in pediatrics. However, kids just are not sick right now. I have worked a total of 3 days in pediatrics since I have started work. I have spent a lot of time working in the nursery though and also in OB. This has been nice. I hope though that I get to spend more time in peds soon. The time that I have spent in peds I have loved. The last day I worked there, I got to start an IV on a 1 year old. I did it on the first try with no problems. That is pretty hard to do since kids veins are a lot smaller than adults, and kids dont like to hold still when you come toward them with a needle.

Overall, I am very pleased with my job and am glad that I have a job that I am excited to go to work , even when I wake up at 5:00 am to get ready.

No comments: