Thursday, December 11, 2008

ceramics update


Here is a preview of my final capstone project for ceramics. I'm going to make a vase out of different colors of clay in a process called neriage. Here is a chili pepper I made from a mold using the two clays.

When throwing with this clay it leaves a cool pattern on the wheel when you cut it off of the wheel.

I had to make the vase in two parts because I suck and can't throw tall things. the bottom is in the close one and the top is in the background. It should be about 11.5 in. tall when its done.

here is the vase before it has been bisqued. the swirly design is some more neriage. its made by rolling strips of clay into a log to form the pattern you want and then cutting it really thin. So what you see is the cross-section of the log I made. When it has been bisqued I will put a clear glaze on it and then fire it for the final time.

4 comments:

Kyle and Brook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. This guy is freaking amazing!!! I will pay $524,598.00 for that piece of art! I need you to make 2,000 more by next week!
Pablo Picasso

Mrs. Mandy said...

amazing!

Keri said...

I am ACTUALLY impressed! This class that you joked about taking has turned you into a regular artist!