Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm a real nurse now!

After 2 years of hard classwork, tests and stress I graduated from nursing school; but that didn't mean that I was done studying or being stressed. I continued studying everyday until I took my boards last Wednesday. I also continued to stress and everyday that my test got closer I got more stressed. So I just took my test on Wednesday that says if my past 2 years of hard work was worth it and that I get to be a nurse. I then had to wait two days before my results posted online. That meant two more days being stressed wondering if I put the right answer on enough questions to pass. Thoughts kept running through my head about well, maybe I should have given that medication instead or maybe I should have done this first rather than what I said I would do first. AAAAH I wanted to scream. Then finally Friday came and I could check on the internet and see if I am good enough to be a nurse. I waited patiently as the page loaded and....I DID IT!!! I passed the test and am now officially a Registered Nurse. :) That is very good since I start work Monday as an RN in pediatrics. I guess all of my hard work did pay off, and maybe now I can relax a little bit.

4 comments:

Dr. Clint said...

congratulations on finishing your board exam!!

Anonymous said...

A job well done and well deserved we are so proud of you. Let's party!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Brook!! I'm not surprised...you're such a smart cookie!

Anonymous said...

Good words.